| Carla, Natália, Juan Pedro and Me. |
When I arrived in Pittsburg the first impression that I had it was that even been a small place, it was beautiful, and people here were warm with international students. I came one week before the classes starting, and I was shocked when American students started to arrive.
I was alone in my dorm; I left my apartment on Saturday morning because we (exchange students) had a trip to a farm. When I came back, there was a television in my living room, a lot of dishes in the kitchen, and the shelf in the toilet area was full. Pittsburg was born again.
Now, and every weekend, actually, I feel that the city stop living. It is so sad to go to the Dining Hall and see that there is no one on the streets.
My friends and I could not rent a car to go to another place because we are not 21. For me, it is really unfair because in my origin country I am overage.
We did a schedule to try to survive alone here, in Pittsburg, for four days. Our first plan is sleep everybody in the same dorm. The second plan is to be always together.
Anyway, in my next post I hope I will be able to tell you what happened, and how we handled with our fall break. I hope to have fun here.
It's nice to read that someone finds Pittsburg beautiful. I was raised here and even though I see beautiful things now and then I stopped appreciating it. I really enjoyed reading your post because it reminded me that even though I've seen a place (namely Pittsburg) a million or so times I should never take it or the people for granted.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the Fall break, have lots of fun, and I look forward to reading about all of your adventures. :)
I think it's really interesting to hear a perspective of Pittsburg that is different from my own. I couldn't imagine not having a car and being stuck without many options for entertainment. I hope you find some fun things to do and end up having a wonderful fall break!
ReplyDeleteThat makes me sad, and realize how much we don't appreciate simple things like being able to go home when we want to. I hope you ended up having a nice two days! I hope the rest of your weekend is fun! Try seeing a movie, or playing board games or something different with your friends!
ReplyDelete-kelsiieo
I felt the same way as you when I first came here. I am originally from a big city in Japan, so Pittsburg is totally different from my hometown. I love Pittsburg so much now. People are nice, Pittsburg is rich of nature, and the sky is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you found a way to survive! This is definitely a town that is only alive when classes are in session. Your post makes me very appreciative of being able to go home to see my family!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine going to another country to study. I would go crazy without the constant support of my friends and family near me. I'm glad though that you find the people in Pittsburg to be friendly.
ReplyDelete