In my first week here, in Pittsburg, everything that everyone offered to me I accepted. I was alone in my dorm, I did not know the city, and I was looking for some entertainment. The opportunity to go to a farm seemed good, even knowing that I lived in a small countryside city in Brazil. Anyway, my friends were going and I would like to go with them.
I was wearing boots, a chess t-shirt, and jeans. When I arrived in front of the Glass Point in the Student Center, I was glad to see the bus that would take us to the farm. It was a yellow bus and it looked old, but it was beautiful, something that I just had seen in movies. When they opened the doors, we ran to take our places. We took a lot of pictures with the bus. It was awesome.
The farm that I saw there was totally different than the ones that I had seen in Brazil. The biggest tractors that I have ever seen in my life were there. The huge rolls of field piled one over another were amazing. There was a lot of machinery that I could not imagine to what it served. I felt inside a movie because it was a film scenario.
To complete that view, there was a huge truck waiting to collect the grains that were stored in big compartments. I saw in a story some time ago the difference between the trucks that carry grains here and in Brazil, and I could identify this difference here. In Brazil, trucks are not totally closed, so they lose a lot of grains during the transportation. I liked the process to carry grains here.
We had lunch in a church and after that we went to see a corn harvest. The huge tractor was there, destroying the plantation to take the corn. We were in the middle of the plantation and we could see so far. We went to visit a church in another place, and then we went back home.
Everybody was so exhausted that for the most part, the ones that were in the same bus that I was slept. I slept too. I arrived in Pittsburg tired, but I really enjoyed the day that I had. It was wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment